Sunday, September 20, 2009

California Trip

So now that I got a rather long and serious blog post out of the way I thought I'd follow it up with a nice fun and (hopefully) shortish post!

On September 5th 2009 Jake, the baby (of course!), and I went out on a trip to my hometown of Manteca, CA. This was a needed trip for many reasons. Mostly because I wanted to see my folks again. Once or twice a year simply isn't enough but sadly will probably have to suffice while I am still living in the middle of nowhere. Secondly, we handed my puppy (re:6 year old 70lb Samoyed) Mochi, to my parents for a few months. She loooooves people and we're pretty sure she could lick the baby to death on a whim. Having her around also is somewhat of a hassle so it's VERY nice that they offered to take her for a little bit while we adjust to being parents. And lastly, Jake had to get the best friends' stamp of approval.

But the best part?

OMG SUSHI.

Well... not really. All I had was California Rolls cause that's about all I CAN have right now but it was still beyond delicious to taste them again. I will never take them for granted again if I live somewhere where I can get to them with relative ease.

We had a baby shower for little Schweigert baby while we were there. And by shower I mean like 15 of us went to a sushi bar, I got present stuff, and then we went back to Jess and Dev's and watched Big Bang Theory. All and all it was really wonderful. Aside from Fanime it was one of the only times that I've really seen everyone get together like that. We need to do it more often and always when I get back into town. :p Everyone really seemed to like Jake and they were actually brutally honest about how much they liked him. After the Mike fiasco I made them all swear that they HAD to tell me if something didn't feel right about all future boys. They kept their reservations about the first boything I had and I think they are more overprotective now. And even with that Jake still passed the test!

It was also nice just taking a break from everything. My work (daycare) is pretty much having me up and moving around all the time. I get tired really easily nowdays and I found, especially after I got back, that it takes a lot out of me. It was nice to sit back and relax and watch a bunch of movies, or go to the movies, even... shopping. And I HATE shopping. But I guess when Dad and Jake talked they pretty much hit the nail on the head. I hate shopping for myself, but when it's for other people, the baby in this case, I go nuts with it. I love giving things to people so that I can see the happiness on their face and know that they will think of me a little bit every time they use what I gave them.

Now that we are back home though Jake and I are on the home stretch to this baby getting here. At the moment we are looking for a new place, looking for a "new" used car :p, and just trying to both mentally and emotionally preparing ourselves for the baby. Our first prenatal class was on Thursday and we have those every week now. It should be nice and informative and the teacher is a chiropractor which is nice cause I really have been having bad back problems. We were oddly enough the youngest in the class at 25. This showed when they passed around the diagram of how dilated I will be when I need to start pushing (10cm incase no one knows) and we had to try SO HARD not to giggle. We're so mature. Hahaha.

Over all, just loving life. I've been doing a lot more art lately and I'm really excited for our new addition to be here. Not only cause am I going to love it to death but I am also really excited about getting back into shape and getting a gym membership after the bebe. I want to get back down to like 150-160ish cause I look SUPER HOT in that weight range.

Mostly though I just want to have this baby in my arms! I want to know if it's a boy or a girl!! ><

1 comment:

  1. That baby gear in the pic is ADORABLE!

    I can't believe you still haven't found out the gender... fate works in mysterious ways, yo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...